Back In The Day - Tales from the Hood

1/10/2005

little red pills



It all goes down like this...

It was a Fri.? or Sat. night, at the old original Pioneer Market on Sunset Blvd. and Echo Park Ave. Me and a homie of mine were kicking it in the parking lot, just parked, getting high on beer and pills (real smart!). When the cops pulled into the lot and soon right up behind us... with their lights off. Then got out and took us out of the black '62 Chevvvy station wagon.

They hand cuffed the both of us ,searched us and gave us a one way ride to The Not So Magic Kingdom! Oh yeah ,before i forget......the car? It wasn't ours, just "borrowed" to go to the beach with some girls which we just dropped-off, did i forget to mention the orgy?? Yeah right!

At the station my buddy was searched two more times as was i, then we were put into the same cell.....BIG MISTAKE! When the coast was clear (not santa monica either) my buddy yanked out a wad filled with lil red pills just smaller than m&ms in a baggie and he was ready to flush the whole thing down before i stopped him and told him to let me have some first! He did ( about 36 or was it 38? of them).

To this day i ask myself ...WHAT was i thinking??? we know the answer...The lights were on and somebody was home- only he was really GONE! I woke-up 3 days later in General Hospital (not the soap either). Apparently my folks were told i might not make it (coma or something like that) and to prepare .....

Ok, That was "almost" the last time i ever did that again, there was one "other" time, but not as bad! Again... I lived!
We all have our stories, some not as bad - some worst or some that are just peachy and nice! Nothing wrong with that! Everyone has something to hide or to expose. I choose to expose but as i've said, hopefully to share with those who never knew or heard of or from someone saying what really goes on in a life. Some things i believe are best left alone too. The main thing i realize now is that i'm still here and i'm living and loving it! I always say... Life is Good! God is Good!
I call it the way it is and not just the way i see it.

I never really thought much about it then but this is why i say and feel that way now....
go figure!
My last comment is just to say this is not something i'm proud about or bragging. It happened and its my little piece of history....

which once again... I Survived!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home